The Community Art Gallery at PMH
Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site’s Community Gallery is intended for the display of materials which support the Manor Hall’s programs and services and relate to the local community. Exhibits should contribute positively to Philipse Manor Hall’s environment, highlight its collections, publicize its resources and services, enrich the life of the community, or be a means of strengthening partnerships between Philipse Manor Hall and its community.
Criteria for Exhibits:
Exhibits accepted for display in The Community Gallery at Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site should satisfy the following criteria:
1. Exhibits must relate to the mission of the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation: to provide safe and enjoyable recreational and interpretive opportunities for all New York State residents and visitors and to be responsible stewards of our valuable natural, historic and cultural resources.
2. Exhibits must facilitate cooperative relations between Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site and the community it serves.
3. Exhibits must contribute positively to Philipse Manor Hall’s environment, highlight its collections, publicize its resources and services, or enrich the life of its community.
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation reserves the right to refuse exhibits that it determines would not contribute positively to Philipse Manor Hall’s environment or mission.
1. Potential exhibitors should read the Exhibit Policy and complete an application form. The Exhibit Policy and application form are available from the administrative office at Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site.
2. The application must be returned to the Historic Site Manager with a photographic sample of the items to be exhibited. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Each applicant will be advised of the decision on his/her application.
3. Exhibitors will be provided with a confirmed time for the exhibit. An exhibit permit must be completed at this time.
Post a Comment